In the previous post, I mentioned that this trip (which I’ve planned to last just over two months) I’m travelling with a 40L backpack. The Osprey Farpoint 40. Now some of you may be thinking “That’s a bit small!” so I’ve made a list of everything I’ve packed. It all fits in comfortably and I’m pleased to say that if I found something cute to buy, I would be able to fit it in!
I’m a notorious overpacker and I thought I did well for this trip so please go easy!
Clothes (daytime and nighttime):
- 2 x playsuits (one dressy, one beachy)
- 2 x dresses (one day, one night)
- 3 x skirts (one midi, one pencil, one mini)
- 3 x pairs of shorts
- 1 x pair of jeans
- 9 x tops/shirts/crops/tank tops (I think)
- 1 x rain jacket
- 1 x hiking pants (that zip off to become shorts)
- 1 x exercise top
- 1 x yoga pants
- 1 x zip-up hoodie
- 1 x hiking boots (which I wear in between destinations even though they’re not fashionable as they’re never going to fit in any small bag)
- 1 x pair of converse
- 1 x pair of flip flops (or thongs, as we call them in Australia!)
- 1 x bikini
- 2 x regular bras
- 1 x sports bra/crop
- 9 x underwear
- 4 x regular socks
- 2 x hiking socks
- 1 x makeup bag (I do have a lot of makeup with me and a few brushes!)
- 1 x microfibre towel
- 1 x sleeping sack
As you can see, I have quite a lot with me! I packed and unpacked and cut items but even so I still feel like I brought a few too many things with me. However, c’est la vie!
I lost my favourite/only pair of sandals in Amsterdam and haven’t gotten round to replacing them just yet, but when I do there will be space. This bag is brilliant. Travel as light as possible!